Every Tuesday night this summer, join the NC State Sailing Club and the SailPack Foundation at Lake Wheeler in Raleigh for college-style dinghy racing! These events are open for participation to both students and community sailors. Below are details on the Series including registration information and schedule. You may also check out our Event on Facebook!
- Registration for the SailPack Summer Sailing Series will take place at the Lake Wheeler Waterfront beginning at 5:30pm on Tuesdays with a brief Skippers' Meeting taking place shortly thereafter.
- Boats will be assigned on a first-come-first-served basis and the event is open to public participation.
- First races will begin on the water at 6:15pm and we'll continue racing until it's dark (usually around 8pm).
- Each race will last roughly 15-18 minutes depending on the wind. We will fit as many races as possible.
- Registration fees are $5 per person or $10 per boat.
- Boats will be provided and races will be sailed in collegiate FJs or "Flying Juniors" which are double-handed, sloop rigged dinghies.
- You may register as at two-person team or you will be assigned to another sailor at registration.
- Personal boats will not be eligible for competition.
- No disposable water bottles please. Refillable water bottles are recommended and refilling containers will be provided on the water.
- Minors below the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Coast Guard PFDs are required to be worn at all times by all participants. We will provide PFDs if you don't have your own.
- Please park within the approved parking area at Lake Wheeler and do not utilize spots reserved for boat trailers.
- Please observe all speed limits within the park and be courteous to others using this facility.
Scores from each week's races will be posted HERE the morning after races.